Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer Time (and READING!)

Yay yay yay! Summertime is here, and I couldn't be more energized! Week 1 and I have already been planning for the next school year! A little crazy? Maybe....


In addition to planning, I've also been able to visit the library and pick up some summer reading. It has to be my absolute favorite thing to do! Here are a few books I picked up this summer:





I'll be reading both of these in hopes of implementing more next year. I've already had a few A-HA! moments since rereading them. If you have any to share, I'd be interested in hearing! :)



I have been really struggling with vocabulary this year. Trying to use the basal, and implement all the words they suggest has been hard for me. I'm hoping this book will provide some insight.



I randomly just picked this one up as fluency is really being pushed next year. Not sure what all there will be, but it came with a CD which is always exciting!






I've heard amazing things about this book, and am interested in seeing what it is all about.







And could I get ANY MORE EXCITED about this book? What a difference it has made this year in my math workshop! I absolutely cannot wait to tackle more of the ideas listed here.





I have an obsession with books, so PLEASE recommend anything you are currently reading (fiction included! I could use a break from professional knowledge).

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love Karen White's books and she just released a new one today (Sea Change).

Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

Amanda said...

I'll have to check it out! Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Casey Wiggins said...

Your blog is adorable! If you visit my blog you will see that I LOVE bright colors!! I am excited to be joining in the Guided Math study also. I can't wait to see what all of you girls have to say about it!

Casey
Second Grade Math Maniac